Friday, May 29, 2009

For One Reporter, a Personal Journey Through the Mortgage Meltdown Stated income.

PAUL SOLMAN: So, that's Bob. EDMUND ANDREWS: That is Bob, the chap who started this strong occurrence for me. PAUL SOLMAN: Via Web chat, Bob Andrews, no correspondence and now out of the mortgage business, said brokers get pleasure from him were not their clients' keepers. BOB ANDREWS, Former Mortgage Broker: I never looked at myself as a man that would fix someone's desires to fulfill their dreams. Ed wasn't wringing his hand, going, "Oh, Bob, if I do this, I do this, you know, I'm horrified I won't create it.



" I don't memorialize any of those conversations. PAUL SOLMAN: But didn't you think, "I might be getting this poke fun at into trouble"? I mean, no-ratio loan, you don't even put down what the woman is making? BOB ANDREWS: I am not a certified economic adviser. We don't hold ourselves out for being able to say, "Gee, you're in trouble.






I don't put faith you have enough income. You're customary to cover up yourself on this one." This is not the fashion the labour works.



If this borrower meets these criteria, we year it this way. If they have all of this and it was not fraudulent, loan's knockout to go. PAUL SOLMAN: So Ed's stockjobber was just following the rules of lenders elation with cash.

andrews



The paramount rule: don't ask, don't tell. Ed, already sinking, cut further when Patty got pink-slipped. Financial stress, marital stress.



Ed blamed Patty for overspending and under-earning. PATTY BARREIRO: I felt nauseous about that and defensive, you know, a minute defensive, so things became contentious for us, and we started fighting. EDMUND ANDREWS: When I started longhand the paperback and Patty would know passages, she would just repercussion and power that I was being unfair, and she'd get angry, but as span went on, it actually in actuality was therapeutic.




Honoured link: click


No comments: